Scratch Awl

  • Originally published August 1, 2010.

I was ordering band saw blades from a catalog and I noticed a kit for a nice scratch awl. I already had a very nice one, but I’m always misplacing it and having another one would be nice. Besides, this gave me an excuse to use some wood I’ve been saving.

The wood is walnut from a piece of firewood. As I was splitting the wood I found some deeply figured pieces that would be great for a small project. I have more of it that is more figured than this.

I think this turned out pretty nice, the figure is beautiful. The finish is oil with a high temperature wax.

Photos were taken with an iPhone 4.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s