Dad’s Urn – Part 11

  • Originally published July 1, 2018.

I finished construction of the urn and started applying finish. Here it is with the first coat of Boiled Linseed Oil.


This session started with gluing up the top. Very little glue is needed, just on the small tenons.



I did some final surface prep on the main box and glued it to the base.


There needed to be a lip on the underside of the top that fits into the box. This is not a box that will be opened and will be sealed shut.

I used the cam clamps I made for this. They are used for guitar making and I have about 30 of them. Very handy.


Here’s a closeup of a clamp and the gluing lip.


The top goes on the box and will be glued shut with super glue at the ceremony.





That wraps up this series. I will be adding a few more coats of oil this week.

Thank you for all the kind comments.

-Eric


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s